Join my Groups!

To get blog posts and newsletters for Luna Alchemie and Melisse Aires, join:
https://groups.io/g/PureEscapism

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Excerpt: Halloween Dream



Excerpt

Chapter One



Zelebeth Carter was about two weeks away from homelessness when she received a letter.  A letter from Montana in a flower bordered envelope. Who did she know in Montana?

Dear Zelebeth,

It has taken me a long time to find you and your sisters.
Sisters? Zelebeth was raised in numerous foster homes and group homes in LA County. First she had ever heard about sisters!
I am your Great Aunt Agatha Belfay. I suppose they didn’t contact me because of the felony. 
Felony? What the heck?
But that was so long ago when I was a poorly taught young woman. Now I live quietly in northern Montana, in a tiny forest town called Beaudreau. The Belfays homesteaded here in the 1880s. I have a nice big house with three bedrooms upstairs all ready for you girls! I would love you to visit , and even more, for you to move here! Please call me and I will set up a bus ticket. Jobs are in short supply up here, but I have enough for basics. I’m sure you long for the woodlands and streams. My land includes forest and goes up a mountainside. It is beautiful here. I am reaching out to your two sisters, Lezebeth and Jezebeth, as well. Did you know you were one of identical triplets?
Having never been out of LA, how would I know about woodlands? Zele wondered.
Sisters?
The remainder of the letter contained a phone number and a crude map, in case she wanted to drive there.
Well, looks like I won’t have to be homeless. Zele looked around her tiny, ancient studio apartment with the sagging bed and thirty-year-old furniture. Only her TV was worth pawning. She would keep her tablet. Hopefully, Beaudreau had wifi. She looked up the town, population one hundred and fifty-seven. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from Demon Rift

Here is an excerpt of my next paranormal release! “It was an accident. You didn't do anything wrong. He probably would have kil...